Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ice, Ice, Baby!

So it's been kinda quiet here at Chez KFR this week. I've been knitting; it's just that brown seed stitch and gray stockinette just isn't very interesting to show, at least until I've made some noticable progress. So, without further ado....

One back for the Smock Coat and...

Two sleeves for the Darling Coat!

Yep, been sittin' around listening to 2 days worth of sleet hitting the windows and knitting away. Very nice. Though I did attempt to do some organization of the stash yesterday, see.


Of course it's still a work in progress. I've got 2 cubbies for sock yarn, a cubby and a half for cottons, and the rest of the cubbies are for wool and acrylics. The bins are holding my cross stitch and needlepoint supplies. The two bins on the floor are odds and ends left over from finished projects. The tan object just to the left and barely showing in the second picture, is a soft-sided under the bed container that is holding all of my Red Heart yarn. Looks like I've got plenty to keep me busy for the year of knitting from the stash and finishing up the UFOs. (And I haven't even shown you guys the other 2/3 of my stuff which hasn't even made it into the closet yet, though this is about 95% of my yarn!)

Well, I'll be sittin' tight at home with the family for a third day of sleet and ice, so back to the knitting and the organizing. Keep your fingers crossed that we'll keep our power!


Ice, Ice, Baby! Bum ba da dum bum bum bum!

Mel :)

1 comment:

Theresa said...

The problem with yarn organization is that everytime you use something or get something new, you have to do it over. Far too much trouble. Way better to actually knit!