Monday, January 08, 2007

I've Discovered Something About Myself

I don't like knitting from charts.

Especially large charts with patterns I can't seem to memorize. Give me a written out pattern any day. I'd like to know what I am supposed to do clearly and concisely, thank you very much.

What sparked this revelation? This:


Knitting from the chart shows that the end stitch to be a yarn over. I had one extra stitch on the needle. Everything was correct. So, what do I do with the extra stitch. Does it tell me in the pattern instructions? No. So I combined it when I purled back. Going along my merry way, I kept at it for a few more rows when, I got to the final row.


Oops, I'm missing a couple of stitches now. Now what?


Yep, I frogged it. (That's okay, wasn't really liking the pattern in cotton anyway.)

I hate patterns that assume you've knit lace before, or are experienced at reading charts and know what you're supposed to do. Give me a break. Spend a few pennies more and be specific. OR give me written out directions.

Back to the grey blob and the brown blob. That is all.

Later daze,
Mel

No comments: