Tuesday, January 23, 2007

String and Sealing Wax and Other Fancy Stuff

It's been slow on the knitting front this week. Started a sleeve for the Smock Coat and then frogged it. (Surprise!) Knit a few rounds on Darling, but not liking the look of the increases so I need to email the designer to see of I'm doing them correctly, so that project came to a complete halt.

However, I do have a FO for you guys. Alert the Media!

Finished Object 2007 #2:

A Four Corners Dishcloth.

Made from Sugar N Cream cotton yarn in the Key Lime Pie colorway on size 8 DPNs (because I couldn't find my straight 8 bamboo needles and I was too lazy to go and look for them.) If you'd like to make one for yourself, the pattern can be found here: http://1870pearl.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/01/pocket_knitting.html

I also got busy on Rachelle's socks, which I had to rip out completely because they were too narrow for her gigantic feet! I kid. Her feet are perfectly dainty. The pattern was screwy, and I decided to go with the River Rapids Socks pattern from Sockbug instead. See.

Yep, they're flashing and pooling at the same time! I AM GIFTED! Actually, flashing and pooling don't bother me, it's just the nature of the beast, or in this case, yarn. If it bothers you Rachelle, too bad. :P LOL Just be greatful that someone is finally knitting YOU something.

Now, I just need to try it on Rachelle's foot and see if they're okay. I'm a little worried. These socks now fit my gi-normous feet just fine. Now, I'm worried they're going to be too big. Hence, the needles still in the socks.

And finally, the reason why not a lot of knitting got done this week:

Zelda rocks! And it is so kickin' my butt! But I'm persevering with a lot of help from the game guide. :) I'm already to the desert section!

Peace out,
Mel

P.S. Anybody know where I got the title for this entry from? No googling to find out. Just curious to see if anybody else is as weird as I am with the Pop Trivia. First one to guess correctly wins a ball of Sugar and Cream yarn from my stash so they too can make their own Four Corners Dishcloth. (Yeah, I know. I'm a BIG spender.)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I saw the 4 corners on your page first, and I was intrigued. Then I saw it on another blog not long after, and could not tempt fate. I have found the pattern and I am choosing the yarn now!

Anonymous said...

I love your dishcloth. And I used DPN's for mine too:D

Do send a the pic in for the contest...

twosticksandstring said...

They are beautiful and can't wait to try them on! Hopefully I'll see you soon.

Amelia said...

Puff the magic dragon, lives by the sea...

Lovely dishcloth!