Thursday, March 01, 2007

::pokes head in and looks around::

Hmmm, I guess it's been awhile since I updated. Guess I better rectify that!

What's been happening....

10 Things Going on in My Life That You May or May Not Care to Know

1.) I won the blog contest over at Two Sharp Sticks. I am loving the book! Thanks guys! (There's a link in my side bar if you'd like to visit their blog.) Wanna see? Yeah, I don't see it either. The computer I use to download pixs went toes up, and DH hasn't reloaded the software on the new one yet after having to wipe the HD.

2.) Computer broke. Processor and motherboard went to the Great Big CPU in the Sky. Hubby fixed but had to wipe the HD in order to reset everything. Needless to say, he hasn't reloaded everything back onto the computer, and I seem to have the uncanny ability to make things freak out when I add stuff to his 'puter, so no loading programs for me. I'll wait until he comes home, and he can break it, thank you very much.

3.) Got a new bed. Queen size, pillow top. DH and I are in HEAVEN! Our backs are thanking us profusely and now, we have a tich more room for when DD comes shuffling into the room at 3 in the morning looking for a place to light because of bad dreams.

4.) I finished 2 socks (notice I didn't say a pair) and a hat for my niece. I started some Mommy and Me cardis for DD and I. I worked on the Smock Coat some more. And I've started to design a sweater vest for DS the Younger. I'd show you pixs, but see number 1 and 2.

5.) DS the Elder (who is dyslexic) is going to the state competition for the Reader's Digest Word Power competition. The winner goes to Orlando for the Nationals. Keep your fingers crossed.

6.) Both of my nephews are now out of the hospital and are thriving at home. Will, the smaller one, is a little further behind than Brady in size because he couldn't get the hang of eating from a bottle. So they put in a feeding tube, and he's finally starting to gain some weight. It's amazing that these 2 boys, who were born at 28 weeks gestation, are still here to fill our lives with smiles and joy. God is good. And sometimes, He answers prayers with the answer we are hoping for.

7.) I finished one fingerless mitt for myself. The other one is about halfway done.

8.) I caved and bought yarn that is not destined for socks. I am so weak. But, I do know what I want to do with the yarn, so that doesn't count right? Plus it was on clearance/sale! See, so it doesn't count.

9.) Bought a couple of new knitting books. A sock book and a book for baby hats and matching booties. There is an argyle hat in that one that I want to make for my nephews for next winter.

and finally,

10.) I've decided to try and submit a pattern to Knitty. I'm hoping to get the cotton vest I'm making for DS the Younger finished so I can submit it for the Summer Issue. (It's due by March 15.) I always find cute patterns for girls, but not very much for boys that aren't babies or toddlers. I wanted something that a young man could wear over a white t-shirt for casual or over a polo shirt or button down for dressier. We'll see if I succeed. Keep your fingers crossed.

Peace out,

Mel

P.S. March came in like a lion at 2 in the morning. Ask me how I know. Stupid Oklahoma wind and weather. If you don't like it, wait ten minutes.

No comments: