Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The First Finished Object of 2007!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you read that right. I have a FINISHED object of knitting to show you....

Birthday socks!

These are for my niece, who's birthday is February 16th! She'll be 3.

Knit with the now discontinued Parade yarn from KnitPicks on size 2 needles using the 2 circ method. I don't know what the color is called as the name is not listed on the ball band, but keeping calling it Grape in my head, so maybe that was it. I used the generic sock pattern from this book: http://www.interweave.com/knit/books/knitters_handy.asp. It is an excellent book. Two thumbs way up!

I did have to frog the first sock (big shocker) because my gauge in the round is tighter than my gauge knitting flat, so instead of 6 sts to the inch, I was getting 7 sts. Needless to say, the sock was a little too tight for the lucky recipient.

I began these on Saturday afternoon. I started to re-knit the first sock Sunday while watching Battlestar Galactica Season 1 DVDs and ringing in the New Year. (I'm such a party animal, I know.) Finished the second sock tonight. Now, they fit perfectly, if I do say so myself.

Off to go work on the next project waiting in the wings....

Later daze,
Mel

No comments: