Getting to know all about you... a.k.a
45 Things You Might Not Know About Me:
1. FIRST NAME? Melissa
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No. My Mom thought it would look pretty on a wedding invitation when I got married. :) (It did!)
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Yesterday. I saw my 2 tiny little nephews in the NICU in person for the first time. I got a little verklempt.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? I'm a cheese sandwich kind of girl, but when I do have meat on a sandwich I prefer cold chicken.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes. Cause I've always got my friends' backs.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Off and on for years. And of course this blog, which you are reading now. :)
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yep! I am a very healthy person. I've only had tonsillitis once in my life, when I was 18.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Do I look crazy to you? Wait, don't answer that....
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Wheat Chex, Wheaties and Shredded Wheat. Hmmm, I'm sensing a theme here. :)
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Mentally, yes. I'm very strong-willed as my DH likes to say. Physically, I could stand to lift a few weights. I have no upper body strength whatsoever. Climbing rope and pull-ups...yeah, forget it. I'll just hang there, thank you.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Chocolate or Cookies & Creme
14. SHOE SIZE? 8 1/2-9, depending on the shoe width.
15. RED OR PINK? PINK! It's my signature color! :)
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I can't seem to stay organized no matter what I do.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My parents who moved to Sherman,Texas this Spring. And my Mom complained when I moved across town! Sheesh!
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? No. Post it on your blog or leave me a comment.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue jeans, red tank top and I am barefoot at the moment.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Pizza for dinner last night. Though I did have a cup of hot cocoa for breakfast this morning. Does that count?
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Mr. Brightside by The Killers
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Carnation Pink of course! :)
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Don't know. I can't smell. It's a family thing. However, if the odor is strong enough, I can catch it in the back of my throat and "taste" it. Peppermint is usually the one I catch the most. And yes, I can taste foods just fine.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My DH who just called me up to say the car is low on gas and that he should have taken the checkbook with him this morning.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Their smile. Though, I actually fell in love with my DH's poetry first, then his smile.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? I like what she writes on her blog. I've never met her IRL and wouldn't know her from Adam if I met her on the street.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Milk.
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Golf. Love to watch it, don't play it. Never got a hang of the swing. It feels too awkward to me. Though I did manage to make a convert of my DH (he plays and watches) after we got married. Bwahahahaha. And of course, football. (Come on people, I live in Oklahoma. It's like a major sin around here if you do not like football. Go Sooners!)
29. EYE COLOR? I'm full of sh*t. ;)
30. HAT SIZE? No idea. I don't wear many hats, even though I do love them.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope. Not a fan of sticking one's finger in one's eye.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Chocolate, duh. Oh and Chicken Curry.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings, which is ironic, since my favorite movie is Gone With the Wind. I'm a Romantic and a BIG chicken to boot. Though, I do like an occasional tear-jerker, but DH hates watching them with me. He can't stand to see me cry. Okay, I did see Silence of the Lambs, and it scared the crap out of me people! I was literally shaking in my seat when Jodie Foster was walking around in that dark basement and being stalked by Buffalo Bill.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter. Snuggling in front of the fire with DH while the kids are in bed. And duh, Christmas!
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Both, especially from my kids and DH.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Otis Spumkmeyer Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
37. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Parallel Heat by Deidre Knight. She was one of the writers on one of the Roswell (TV show) boards I post on, and she got a 3 book deal. She's very good! And of course knitting books!
38. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? Marvin the Martian (It's the DH's)
39. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Heroes, briefly. Father-in-law was controlling the remote while we were visiting. I don't watch a lot of TV.
40.FAVORITE SOUNDS? Train whistles in the distance, my children's laughter, the low rumble of thunder and the sound of a fan running on a hot summer day. As for music, anything good. I listen to everything from Rock to Classical to New Age to Big Band.
41.ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles, hands down. Favorite Beatles song, Penny Lane, followed closely by Let It Be.
42.THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Orlando, Florida
43.WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Hmm, I don't know if I can post it on here...just kidding. I write romantic paranormal fiction. I also play the flute, but not while I am writing.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Iowa City, IA. Yep, I'm a Hawkeye livin' in Sooner country. So that means I talk real fast with an Okie twang. It sounds really weird sometimes.
45. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
I took it from Kim's blog, http://aknittedfrenzy.wordpress.com/ .
Okay, after reading this, is the picture of me in your head as goofy as mine is? LOL.
P.S. 63 days to Christmas! Must go knit more on this:
and on this:
All pixs deliberately blurred to hide their identity from their lucky recipients!