Friday, January 05, 2007

Seed Stitchin' Along

OK, so the project I was working on is still sitting in a heap on the floor across the room where I threw it during my little tantrum yesterday morning, and I still haven't quite forgiven it yet. Bad knitting. >:(

So I was sittin' here, bored out of my skull, playing game after game of solitare and trying really hard to ignore the laundry, when lo and behold, the postwoman arrived with this:



My order from KnitPicks arrived--14 balls of the new Swish Superwash Yarn. I am in love with the feel of this yarn. So soft, not itchy or stiff or scratchy at all. And that is a good thing, cause I'm knitting up my 1 year old niece her b-day present with it. All of that yarn is going to turn into this:


a Smock Coat by Debbie Bliss

and this:

the Pompon Beret, also by Debbie Bliss, both from her book Simply Baby.

So I cast on immediately for the Smock Coat and have managed to get this far since yesterday afternoon:



That's 5 1/2" of seed stitch for the back of the coat in dark brown yarn on size 5 needles. That's the second ball of yarn right there. Only 7 more inches to go and I get to decrease down a bunch of stitches. Time to go pop in another DVD of Battlestar Galactica and get to work. :)

Later daze,
Mel

No comments: